The tools that build the internet have steeped too long. For the past two decades, big tech has made trillions off the generosity of visionary developers and web pioneers… never thanking, never mentioning, and certainly never paying. At tea, we’re brewing something to change that by enabling developers (you) to continue doing what you love, while earning what you deserve.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Blockchain architect will be responsible to effectively and efficiently utilize technology to meet the network’s needs and goals, including:
- Select and/or build all components of the blockchain technology stack.
- Ensure scalable connectivity of on-chain and off-chain software solutions.
- Support the launch and growth of the developer community through various initiatives including public engagement and documentation publishing.
This is a full-time remote position.
- Lead the design, implementation and launch of the tea public blockchain and support the networks’ needs and goals as outlined in the tea white paper.
- Ensure tea can meet its short and long term objectives through proper resourcing and efficient use of resources.
- Collaborate with product management to define the development timelines, and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Design, implement and manage internal processes to ensure internal and external visibility of the roadmap and its execution.
- Track, analyze and report on development progress and team efficiency and efficacy.
- Develop and mentor new and existing team members.
- Support internal and external teams in the development of applications atop the tea blockchain.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensure that all technology practices adhere to applicable standards.
- 5+ years of practical experience in the design, implementation and launch of a public blockchain.
- Demonstrated ability to code in one or more languages including solidity and rust.
- Experience working with large codebases.
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity guidelines and best practices.
- Exceptional team leading and collaboration skills.
- Amazing analytical and problem solving skills maniacally focused on the user, and how to best address their needs.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal. The ideal candidate will be able to articulate simply and effectively to both internal and external stakeholders, and get buy-in.
- Active contributor to open-source projects and participant to various hackathons.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining the ability to manage and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Nice to have
- Experience integrating third-party applications via API.
- Familiarity with and interest in reading EIPs, BIPs and technical articles on blockchain community development.
Why work for tea?
Join a team of motivated and passionate individuals and be a part of a rapidly growing and exciting project in web3 and open source technologies. We offer an attractive salary, relocation packages (if applicable), token/equity options and performance based bonuses.